Want to shoot an editorial with my team for publication? Let's do a quick test shoot first.
Shooting is a team collaboration, even if that team consists of only a photographer and model. Models can expect to receive images for portfolio and social media use when working with me for a test shoot.
The goal is to show off the model naturally to best effect. I find this magic happens best in a simple studio setting with few visual distractions.
Find visuals of my own work, and the inspiration I draw from for shoots like this, on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.ca/hollymaamot/model-test/
Preparation before shoot:
- nails cleaned, polished in natural tone
- hair clean, air dried (or, if your hair is high-maintenance in order to look natural and carefree, take the necessary steps. I realize not everyone can simply wash and wear.)
- BB cream, natural lippy
- whitening mouthwash
- exfoliate and moisturize arms, neck, etc.
Bring to shoot:
- Buff-coloured heels (the idea is to have a neutral colour, not to match any particular skintone)
- Black heels
- Solid jeans
- White tank
- Black tank
- Nude (for skin tone) strapless bra
- Nude (for skin tone) underwear
- BB cream for touch-ups (not looking for full coverage or matte foundation. The goal is to allow your natural skin to look dewy)
- Natural lippy
- Eye drops
- Body moisturizer
- Hair tie & pins (preferably close to hair colour)
- Cell phone charger
Find visuals for this list on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.ca/hollymaamot/model-bag/